Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The sounds of silence:

I ran across this little "proclomation" on FaceBook today and just had to share it myself on my own page, and now here. It hit home for me.........HARD! One of the worst times of my life began with lots of lies, gossip and backstabbing. The part that hurt, however, was NOT what was said and who said it and to whom. It was the fact  that, to my knowledge, none of my friends took a stand against the perpetrators. (Hoping I am wrong about this, but, again....to my knowledge I was alone.)  To add insult to injury, a short time later, MySpace became "the thing" and a good many of my friends "friended" the liars who were behind the whole sordid story.  It was like being stabbed in the heart AGAIN!  I have done the right thing and "forgiven" everyone involved.. But forgiving is not forgetting, and because I can't forget.....my trust in people is pretty much a thing of the past. Sadly, we can't "unlearn" the hurts we recieve, no matter how much we would like to. (I suppose this is a good defense mechanism that we are born with, but it would be nice to turn it off at times!) 

So....I guess what it all boils down to is: we ALL need to remember to stand up for the truth and our friends when they are in the right. It's not as hard to do as you might think, and good karma as well.  :)  Unless, of course, you don't care one whit about your friends.....then, by all means, keep silent.

No comments: