Saturday, January 26, 2008

rocking robin

When The Red, Red, Robin
Comes bob, bob, bobbin'Along, along,
There'll be no more sobbin'
When he starts throbbin'His old sweet song.
Wake up, wake up you sleepy head,
Get up, get up, get out of bed,
Cheer up, cheer up, the sun is red,
Live, love, laugh and be happy.
What if I've been blue,
Now I'm walkin' through
Fields of flow'rs,Rain may glisten
But still I listenFor hours and hours.
I'm just a kid again,
doin' what I did again,
Singing a song,
When The Red, Red, Robin
Comes Bob, bob, bobbin' along.

i woke up this morning with this song stuck in my head.....GOD only knows why!! lol!! (we have alot of robins that tend to hang out in our yard....maybe i'm connecting with them on some level!) anyway......it may be a silly song to be "stuck" on.....but i also had this amazing amount of energy along with it!! a fly on the wall would have gotten a nice giggle out of me vaccuuming the house whilst dancing around and singing this song! i know i certainly managed to get ALOT done on a day when, by all rights, i should have been lazy. (it was a cloudy, dreary day, and i had the house to myself!) i even had the idea to start a dan hartman tribute page on myspace. (there wasn't one) so...yeah....good day all in all..............thanks to the red, red, robin!!!! :)

1 comment:

Musing In The Light of Confusion said...

ya know...i dreamt this yellow canary last night...he was the sweetest thing...hmmm...wonder what's with the bird references??...glad you were so inspired!